The project aims to create a friendly and encouraging learning environment for adult users of the libraries. The project also seeks to encourage libraries development as creative incubators, social innovation centres and intercultural dialogue places. It is funded by Erasmus+ programme (Action 2: Strategic partnerships/Adult education).
September 2015 – August 2018
Information Society Development Foundation (Poland)
- Culture Information System Centre (Latvia)
- Martynas Mazvydas National Library of Lithuania (Lithuania)
- Oppland Regional Library (Norway)
- Reading & Writing Foundation (Holland & Belgium)
Project coordinator at NLL (division, centre, department)
Project Management Division of the Strategic Development Department.
Source of project funding, value (EUR)
300 853,00 EUR – funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union (Action 2: Strategic partnerships/Adult education)
The project aim is to look at the local cultural institutions (most of all – libraries) and to create a friendly space fostering the adult education. The materials elaborated within the project will enable librarians and other local cultural educators to conduct the activities raising the competences of adult users. They will also support the development of local cultural institutions as:
- creative incubators,
- social innovation centres,
- intercultural dialogue places.
Key project activities:
1. Preparation of the report „Educational experiments in the European libraries”, analysing the hitherto adult education projects run by the libraries from the countries participating in the project and best practices from all around the world.
2. The representatives of project partnership will take part in 4 teaching & training events (in Poland, Norway, Lithuania & Latvia) which will give them a better insight into the library specifics and adult education in the participating countries.
3. Elaboration of the set of educational materials for librarians and other local cultural educators consisting of:
- multicultural, innovative & creative (MIC) library model,
- materials for self-directed learning,
- scenarios of activities for adult users.
Organization of series of 4 national seminars (in Poland, Latvia, Lithuania & Norway) and 3 international conferences (in Poland, Lithuania & Latvia) disseminating the intellectual outputs prepared within the project.
Owing to the project librarians and other local cultural educators will receive the package of various learning opportunities, giving them a stimulus to raise their qualifications and conduct new activities for adults. The adult users of libraries and local cultural institutions will benefit from the innovative educational offer, developing the new, creative & entrepreneurial skills and multicultural & social competences. It will also contribute to the civic engagement in their local communities.