Important information for visitors to the National Library
7 August 2020
The Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania complies at all times with the security and disinfection requirements for public premises, as established by the Government, and therefore there are certain restrictions to our usual physical services. We would like to thank the library visitors in advance for their understanding and behaving responsibly when visiting..
What you need to know:
- Visitors over the age of 6 may visit the National Library only if they are properly wearing protective masks (covering the nose and mouth).
- Exempt from wearing a protective face mask are persons with disabilities to whom wearing a face covering is counter-indicative or whose health status may be compromised by wearing such a covering. A visitor not wearing a protective face mask for this reason should produce to the staff the disability certificate.
- Visitors with signs of acute upper respiratory illness (e.g. runny nose, coughs, sneezing, difficulty breathing) are not allowed in the building.
- Workplaces in the reading rooms and other areas have been arranged in accordance with the requirements of safe distancing and visitors are asked to keep a distance of at least 1 metre from each other.
- In accordance with the hygiene recommendations, there is no access to lockers during this period, so visitors are asked to carry their belongings with them.
- Meeting rooms and the Music Space can only accommodate groups of up to 5 people.
- The most convenient and safest way to return books is the contactless way, using the self-service machines on the first and second floors, or in the book return box near the main entrance.
- In accordance with safe distancing, the number of spectators at events is limited, so pre-registration is required. Visitors with acute signs of upper respiratory disease are not admitted to events. Participants at the events must to wear protective face masks.
- Visitors are asked to adhere to coughing and sneezing etiquette (cover the nose and mouth with a disposable napkin or the inside of a bent elbow) and proper hand hygiene (frequently wash hands with soap and water or use disinfectant).
- Visitors are asked to pay for any services without using cash.
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection are performed several times a day in the library, in accordance with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Users who have Covid-19 (coronavirus) infection or are self-isolated and who have informed about the infection or self-isolation by e-mail or phone will not be charged penalties for overdue items starting with the day of the notification.
We remind you that the library is working to summer timings until 30th August:
Monday to Friday 10:00 - 21:00;
Saturday, Sunday 10:00 - 18:00.
We also invite you to use the remote services provided by the National Library.