17 January 2022
Changes at the National Library from 17 January
Following the approval of the new pandemic management measures by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, from 13 September, the National Martynas Mažvydas Library of Lithuania will provide contact services, conduct business activities and organise events only for persons who meet at least one of the criteria of the National Certificate (COVID certificate). The National Certificate can be obtained if information about vaccination, previous exposure or negative COVID-19 test is available in the eHealth system.
For visitors without the National Certificate, only book pick-up and return services are available (the National Certificate is also required for children from 12 years old).
Please return books to the returns box located at the central entrance.
Books can be ordered remotely:
- via the portal ibiblioteka.lt;
- from the General and Leisure Collections by phone +370 5 249 7028;
- from the Children and Youth Literature Reading Room by phone +370 5 239 8563.
Ordered books can be picked up at the main entrance of the library.
- Visitors over the age of 6 years must wear nose and mouth protection (medical face masks or respirators) on National Library premises. Persons with disabilities who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition or for whom wearing a mask presents a health hazard are allowed to refrain from wearing masks (wearing a face shield is recommended). A visitor who does not wear nose and mouth protection for this reason should show the staff member a certificate of disability. Visitors not wearing nose and mouth protection shall not be served and services shall not be provided.
- Visitors entering the building shall have their body temperature measured using a thermal imager. Persons showing obvious signs of acute upper respiratory tract disease (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) and/or subject to mandatory isolation shall not be admitted to the library or its premises.
- Visitors are requested to keep at least 2 m apart from each other (including staff) in queues for the pick-up/return of books and other items.
- In order to comply with safety requirements, participants are only admitted to events by pre-registration and no earlier than 15 minutes before the event. Visitors with symptoms of acute upper respiratory tract diseases are not allowed to attend events. From 13 September, National Library events are only open to those with the National Certificate. Participants must wear at least FF2 respirators, keep a safe distance, and use hand sanitisers.
- Visitors are asked to keep a safe 2 m distance, to observe coughing and sneezing etiquette (covering the nose and mouth with a disposable handkerchief, or coughing or sneezing into the inside of a bent elbow) and proper hand hygiene (frequent hand washing with soap and water or using sanitiser).
- The premises of the library are cleaned, disinfected and ventilated several times a day in accordance with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania.
We kindly invite you to use the National Library’s remote services. Follow us on social media and on the National Library website www.lnb.lt.
As a socially responsible institution, the National Library would like to remind you that in order to improve the epidemiological situation, it is necessary to maintain high vaccination levels and to encourage the public to behave responsibly.
Let us stay healthy and safe. We thank visitors of the library for their understanding and sense of responsibility.