The Music Lab is open to all visitors of the Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania who play, write or wish to learn more about music. The space is designed for rehearsals, creative and educational meetings, experience sharing and musical improvisations individually or with friends. We are planning to organise thematic meetings, lessons and lectures here too.
Those wishing to improve their skills or simply relax playing music with friends are welcome to bring their own instruments (acoustic, electric guitars, other string instruments, synthesizers, small percussion instruments, etc.). The space can be used to record and replay your own rehearsals.
The Music Lab offers:
- A piano;
- A computer with 2 speakers (Mackie CR4);
- 2 guitar cubes (Laney IRT30-112);
- 1 bass cube (TC Electronic BG250);
- 3 guitar stands;
- 2 sheet music stands;
- 4 microphones (with their stands);
- 1 concert chair for a guitarist.
Requirements for the use of the Music Lab:
- The Music Lab shall be used free of charge for 2 hours a day by users possessing the reader‘s card registered at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania. Without the reader‘s card or if the 2 hour limit has been reached, 1 additional hour will cost 56,00 EUR (before VAT).
The Music Lab can be reserved one week in advance at the reservation website menai.lnb.lt
or at the National Library in the Music and Visual Arts Reading Room.
- In case of any changes of the schedule, please, withdraw the reservation. The user who fails to inform in advance about the cancelling of the reservation twice shall deprived of the use of the Music Lab for two months.
- If the user is late for 15 minutes, the reservation of the Music Lab is cancelled.
- Before using the Music Lab, the user must get acquainted with the Rules for the Use of the space.
The space is open during the opening hours of the National Library (you will find it on Gedimino Ave. 51, 5th floor, Room 536).